POP3 Agreement allows Email Client to download emails on the server. But operations of Client (such as, move email and mark as read etc.) will not send back to the server. For example, you received 2 new emails and moved them to other folders by Client, but they did not be moved on the mailbox server.
IMAP provides a two-way communication between Webmail and Email Client. All operations on the Client will send back to the server, and the server will react the same as the email.
For example, when you login your mailbox by browser, operations on Email Client and mobile devices (for example, move email to folder Share will send back to the mailbox (for example, this email has been tagged Share on your next login).
- 1) After opening Outlook Express, click the "Tools" menu in the window and select "Account";
- 2) Click the "Mail" tab and click "Add" on the right. Button, select "Mail" in the pop-up menu
- 3) In the pop-up dialog box, enter your "display name" according to the prompt, and then click "Next";
- 4) Enter your email address and click "Next"
- 5) Enter the POP and SMTP server address of your mailbox: (can ask the email administrator)
- pop: pop.XXX.com
- smtp: smtp.XXX.com
- Click "Next" again;
- 6) Enter your account number and password (this The account number is the account used to log in to this mailbox), and then click "Next";
- 7) Click the "Finish" button to save your settings;
- 8) Set up the SMTP server Authentication: In the "Mail" tab, double-click the account you just added, and the property box of this account will pop up;
- 9) Click the "Server" tab, then at the "Send Mail Server", select " My service Requires authentication "option and click the right" Settings "tab, select" Use same settings as my incoming mail server. "
- 10) Click "OK" and then "Close" the account box.
- Now that you have successfully set up, you can send and receive mail by clicking the "Send Receive" button in the main window.
- 1) Open Foxmail, click [Tools]-"[Account Management]-"[New] to enter [Email Address Full Name] in the email address input box of the pop-up page;
- 2) Click [Next], the system will automatically check the POP3 server of the corporate mailbox you entered, and a new page will pop up later. Please select the mailbox type as: [imap] or [pop3], enter in the password prompt box. The correct password for your business email;
- 3) Click the [Next] button to fill in the receiving mail server. If you select "IMAP", you will receive the server: "imap.XXX.com"; if you select "POP3" "Accept the server: "pop.XXX.com"; the sending server is: smtp.XXX.com (can ask the corporate mailbox administrator server address).
- 4) Click [Next] to complete the account setup. If you want to use SSL secure connection to send and receive emails, please check [Use SSL to connect to the server] and Are you sure you want that the receiving server port is: 993. The mail server port is: 465
- 1) After opening Outlook, click on the "Tools" menu in the window and select "Select Service";
- 2) Select "Connect POP or IMAP Email Account in the dialog box" ", and then click Next;
- 3) In the Account Settings dialog box, make the following settings:
- Your name: Account ID, you can set up multiple accounts on Office to This distinction
- Email address: eg you@XXX.com
- Username: Corresponding email username, such as you
- Password: Password for login email
- Select "Manual Settings or Other Server Type (M) "Click" Next;
- 4) In "Server Information", if you select "IMAP" then receive the server: " imap.XXX.com"; if you select "POP3", accept the server: "pop.XXX.com"; the sending server is: smtp.XXX.com (can ask the corporate email administrator server address).
- Fill in the email address in the "User Name" of "Login Information".
- 5) Click "Other Settings" - "Send Server" and select "My Send" Server (SMTP) requires authentication" and "Use the same settings as the receiving mail server";
- 6) Click [OK], return to the previous page and click [Next] to complete the settings, if your mail is sent or received SSL encryption is required. Please connect SSL and select the following encryption type for the sending server: SSL;
- 7) Click [OK], return to the previous page and click [Next] to complete the setting.
- You can install Coremail corporate contacts plugin to sync corporate contacts. Coremail corporate users can install this plugin to import full organization structure of corporate contacts to the Client, sync schedules, accept and send meeting invitation, and share schedules to others.
- Please download the plugin of latest version on Coremail website>Service and Support>Download.
Please check the firewall related settings. One is whether the firewall that comes with the operating system has 25 ports. The other one is the professional firewall that the user purchased and installed.
You can check if you can connect to ports 25 and 110 of the mail server by:
# telnet mailserverip 25
// If there is no firewall limit, return " 220" and wait for the users next command.
# telnet mailserverip 110
// If there is no firewall limit, return "+OK" and wait for the users next command.
If there is a limit, for the firewall that comes with the Linux operating system, you can use the following method to close:
Select "Firewall configuration"
Select "Disable" after the security level
and select "OK" - "Exit".
For users who purchase additional firewalls, please consult their respective administrators.
- 1) The client software configuration is incorrect. Please check the server address, user password troubleshooting;
- 2) Network failure or firewall. This can be done by port 110 on the users native Telnet mail server;
- 3) Other reasons. If there is no problem with the above checks, please contact our customer service staff.